1 John 2:27

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Through Jeremiah 30 (p.960)

Jeremiah 8
:1-3 – Grave-digging in action.
:7 – Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the LORD.
:22 – Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? Why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?~So they have the medicine, but won't go get it and take it.
Jeremiah 9
:15 – God feeds his people wormwood and gall water.***Definitions.
:23-24 – Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindmess, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.~This is in addition to the scripture that often comes to mind when Jesus says “Rejoice that your names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.”
~By the way, I just learned last week that in the Hebrew language there is no capitalization. So funny ways of capitalizing happen in the King James version, such as not using a capital letter to start the next sentence after a question mark...but they are not copying the original in that sense. Interesting.~
:25-26 – God will bring punishment to the circumcised as well as uncircumcised people together because Israel is uncircumcised in the heart.
Jeremiah 10
:22 – commotion out of the north country-There has to be some kind of symbolism with all these references to the north. ***
Jeremiah 11
:14 – God tells Jeremiah not to pray for the people. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has heard that from God!
Jeremiah 12
:10-12 – Pastors are reprimanded.
Jeremiah 13
Jeremiah really gets a strange commandment here — to get a linen girdle and hide it by the river for a couple weeks until God tells him to go get it back. Then, like the girdle is ruined, so will be the kingdoms he has to prophecy to — which will include rebuking the royalty themselves. Wow. Not fun.
Jeremiah 14
:1 – dearth??
:15 – False prophets reap the opposite of what they lie about.
Jeremiah 15
:3 – 4 kinds of destruction: 1) slaying sword 2) tearing dogs, 3) devouring and destroying fowls of heaven 4) devouring and destroying beasts of the earth
:20 – And I will make thee unto this people a fenced brasen wall: and they shall fight against thee, but they shall not prevail against thee: for I am with thee to save thee and to deliver thee, saith the Lord. ~Sounds very secure. Who needs armor and a shield when you're a wall?
Jeremiah 16
:1 - Don't make a family here.
Jeremiah 17
:5-6 – Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.
Heath = stripped, destitute, naked, poor, helpless http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H6199&t=KJV
~I know that is true. You have to trust in God, even when most of your help may be coming from the same man (human) over and over...it is still God prompting them to help you.~
:9-10 – The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.~For some reason I always thought that verse was in Psalms or Proverbs.
:11 – As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.~Perhaps another verse people refer to in calling gambling a sin... but also a good verse to claim the victory over those who may have stolen from you.
:21-22 – Bear no burden on the sabbath day. Wow. No burden. I am positive that includes the mental and spiritual ones, as well as physical.
This just made it into my favorite chapters of the Bible category!
Jeremiah 18
:2 – potter's house
Jeremiah 19
Prophecy to Tophet = place of fire http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H8612&t=KJV
Jeremiah 20
:9 – Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.~If I were Jeremiah, I would probably have said this a lot sooner...like in chapter 2!
Jeremiah 21
Prophecy to Zedekiah
Jeremiah 22
To the king of Judah
:13 - Woe unto him that buildeth his house by unrighteousness, and his chambers by wrong, that useth his neighbour's service without wages, and giveth him not for his work.~So it is okay to be paid for working for your neighbor!
:14 – sealed is spelled cieled in KJV
Jeremiah 23
Woe to pastors
:23-24 – Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off? Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? Saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? Saith the Lord.~Omnipresence.
:29 – Is not my word like as a fire? Saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
Jeremiah 24
Fig Parable/Prophecy
Jeremiah 25
:9 – What are the families of the north?
:27 – spue=vomit http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H7006&t=KJV
Jeremiah 26
:2 – stand in the court of the Lord's house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah~I believe just as much as Jeremiah's words were prophetic, so were his positions where he gave the words.
:13 – Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the Lord your God; and the Lord will repent him of the evil that he hath pronounced against you.~So we see that repenting doesn't imply wrongful doing or sin, just change.
Jeremiah 27
I notice that God speaks through Jeremiah often with a physical illustration of what He plans to do.
Jeremiah 28
:10 – 2 prophets working out a physical illustration together. Hananiah and Jeremiah.
:16-17 – Hananiah died because he taught rebellion against the Lord.
Jeremiah 29
:11 – 14 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the Lord; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.
Jeremiah 30
:17 – For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.