1 John 2:27

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 1: Genesis 1 & 2 (pages 2-6 in my Bible)

"Holy Ghost teach me as I read." This session began as I awaited someone for a long time in the car. I was not in the library, my office, or somewhere one would imagine would be the ideal place to begin reading the Bible in a year, and yet I was. The place I was in was a place that caused me to realize there is no time like the present. We can't always wait for the perfect opportunity to start something...otherwise that time might not ever come...or if it did, would we even know it? So there I am sitting cross-legged in the front seat with my Bible in my lap and my earphones in my ears listening to Alexander Scourby's wonderful British accent reading the Scripture into my ears as I read them with my eyes. As for the Scripture text, I can't believe I didn't know what "firmament" meant! The Holy Ghost Anointing began teaching me only 6 verses into the Bible! It means expansion in Hebrew...among other things as all Hebrew words have multiple meanings. The intention and vision of this blog is not to explain what is read, but to share the experience of following through with the instruction of the Lord. I will share my thoughts as I go about this journey and leave it to you to hear the Father's voice as you read. This week's daily 4.3 page passages: Day 2: Genesis 3-5 (pages 6-10) Day 3: Genesis 6-8 (pages 10-14) Day 4: Genesis 9-11 (pages 15-19) Day 5: Genesis 12-15:10 (pages 19-23) Day 6: Genesis 15:11-18 (pages 23-27) Day 7: Genesis 19-21 (pages 28-32)